We’ve started a tradition in our little family to have pancakes every Saturday morning. This pancake recipe is one I found on Allrecipes.com. It’s fun to make changes every now and then, but just the regular pancakes turn out perfect every time.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add in the milk, egg and butter. Mix until well combined
- Heat a lightly oiled, non stick skillet to medium heat. Pour about a 1/4 cup full of batter into the skillet.
- When it bubbles and is lightly brown flip over. Brown the other side.
- Take off the heat and save on a plate covered with aluminum foil until you have cooked all of the batter.
- Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Add 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Violet’s favorite)
Home Made Syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- Combine everything together in a small saucepan over high heat. Stir occasionally until it comes to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and let boil for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with pancakes