Tomatoes are very popular here in Russia, often eaten in salad, alongside cucumbers or just plain by themselves. I adapted this recipe from the Tasty Kitchen website.
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, heaping
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt*
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 whole scallions, sliced
- 6 whole tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Whisk together the first 10 ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl add tomato wedges and scallions. Pour wet ingredients over tomatoes. Stir mixture.
- Let mixture sit out to marinate for at least an hour or two at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
*I used Lawry’s seasoned salt from the States.