A popular food here in Russia, especially at parties and special occasions is smoked salmon. We recently had some Russian friends over for dinner, so I thought this would be the perfect appetizer to serve. They were so good, it was hard not to fill up on them before the meal.
Recipe adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen.
- 1 long baguette, fresh
- small container of flavored cream cheese ( I used parsley & garlic)
- small package of smoked salmon
- Slice the bread at a diagonal about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread the flavored cream cheese over the bread. Top with a piece of salmon.
- Serve and enjoy! Refrigerate if made ahead of time.
You could easily change the flavors around to your liking with a different kind of cream cheese.