This is another pasta dish the hubby and kids love to chow down. It is super simple, delicious and easy on the wallet.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 pound (about 225 grams) capellini, spaghetti or linguine
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 Tablespoon dried)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium low heat. Add the garlic and stir, allowing it to cook for about 2 minutes. Mix in the butter until melted. Add the pepper and chicken stock. Raise the heat to high and let it come to a boil
- Once it is at a boil, add the pasta and cool until the box’s directions indicate. Reduce heat to low. If adding the parmesan, add now and stir until melted. Add in the cream and parsley and cook and stir for one more minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from key ingredient