This soup is so nice for a cold winter day, just like we are having right now. If you are looking for something quick and delicious this is it.
- 3 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup ham, cooked and diced
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- Combine the potatoes, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bouillon and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour with a whisk and stir constantly until thick about 1 minute. Slowly stir in the milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium heat until thick about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot and cook the soup until heated through. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com