My girls love this bread and request it every time I am about to bake up another batch. Every five days when I use my starter to make home made bread, I usually bake one regular loaf and one cinnamon swirl loaf. I’m sure this would work with any bread you are about to bake.
- Bread Starter, mixed, risen, kneaded, and ready to bake
- 2-3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Right before you are about to put your loaves into the bread pans, roll out your dough for one loaf, a little smaller than the width of your bread pan, but almost twice as long.
- Spread the softened butter over the dough. Mix together your sugar and cinnamon and evenly sprinkle it over the butter.
- Roll your dough up tightly away from you. Pinch the seam together to seal. Place in a very greased bread pan, seam side down.
- Cover with a tea towel and let rise, about 2 hours or until doubled. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F (180 C).
This bread is already delicious by itself, but it also makes really yummy toast!
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman