See those orange beauties? They are so delicious and so stinkin’ simple to prepare! The first time I made them, I definitely did not make enough! The next time I made sure to remedy that by filling up a big cookie sheet.
Carrots are so good for you and really kid friendly. These would be a great side to any meal. You really gotta try them, just pop them in the oven while you prepare your mashed potatoes. Perfection!
- 3-12 carrots (they differ so much in size, just use enough to cover one layer on a large cookie sheet)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- dried thyme (optional, but a great addition)
- Preheat your oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Cover a large baking sheet with tin foil.
- Cut the ends off the carrots and peel. Cut in half then cut those halves in half length wise. And if they were really big, in half again. Got it? (You just want the carrots all about the same size, for even cooking)
- Drizzle the olive oil over the carrots and stir around a bit to get them all good and covered.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and some pepper.
- For some more great flavor, sprinkle some dried thyme on as well.
- Arrange evenly on your baking sheet. Place them in preheated oven for about 30-45 minutes. Stir once or twice while cooking. When the carrots are done, they should be easily poked with a fork.
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman