This one is for all you chocolate and peanut butter lovers! This pie is really rich and sweet, which tastes great with a nice strong cup of tea or, dare I say, coffee minus the sugar. I can’t believe I’m saying that! But with this dessert it is necessary. Don’t let the sweetness scare you away though! This would be great to have with friends.
Peanut butter is hard to find here, and if they do have it it is really expensive. I just saw a small jar at the store for about 15 dollars! We usually just enjoy it when it gets sent to us by our family. Thank you family! So I can’t be picky with what kind either, the last one we received was an all natural real peanut butter. It was really good, but it does end up turning out a bit denser in desserts. If you make this with the regular stuff it will be a little fluffier than what mine looks like.
- 1 1/3 cups sweet crackers/cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 Tablespoons (113 grams) butter, melted
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Combine the cracker/cookie crumbs, sugar and melted butter until well blended. Press the mixture into the sides and bottom of a nine-inch deep dish pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees (180 C) for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- 14 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons (30 grams) butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped